Tuesday, March 29, 2011

My first weaving experience

Inspite of my cold I put on my first weaving project on the knittersloom from Ashford.
I had to put it on myself and I think I managed.
my first effort !!













This is the material I am going to work with.
The very pink on the bobbin is Merino 18.5 which I spun and plyed Navajostyle for the warp and the two pink mixed colours from silk and BlueFaceLester for the weft.















Putting on a knittersloom is fairly easy.
I have put it on within 45 minutes so very fast.

Here I am threading through the whole of the reed













Putting the yarn on a shuttle. Doesn´t it look amazing?


























And here I am weaving under a watching eye of Marianne!!

1 comment:

  1. Vet du vad det värsta med det här inlägget är?

    Jo, att jag också blir sugen på att väva! :S Känner att jag bara sjunker djupare och djupare ner i fiberträsket... Blubb...

    ReplyDelete