Monday, January 25, 2016

My laundry detergent part II

Well, here we are again.
Yesterday some women reacted through Facebook on my blog and I was surprised to know that they make their own laundry detergent too.
This one though is liquid and I had the soap needed in the recipe so I went on with it.
Afterwards I thought why didn't I do it with the soap I already made?
I am a recipe following kind of girl so my next batch will definitely be made with my the soap I made that should turned into Laundry powder detergent.
This recipe was really easy peasy.

You need the following:
40 gram of (in this case) Sunlight soap, smells like lemon and citronella so maybe not for everyone.
40 gram of washing soda
2.5 liter water
Essential oil (optional)

And this is how you make it.
Grate the soap and heat a pan with 0.5 liter of water.
Add the soap until it is resolved totally.
Take the pan from the heater and add the washing soda and if you like some essential oil.
Add 2 liters of warm water and let it set overnight or a day.
I was amazed this morning how it turned out.
It was all jellylike and I panicked!
Was this supposed to like like this?
I immediately went on FB to ask if this was right or not.
In her directions on the internet was nothing sad about the jellylike substance that was the top layer.
Her directions are in dutch.
I just thought I would warn you.
It seemed that this was exactly how it was suppose to look.
Next time I will make it though, I will do it in the morning and let it sit all day and stir once in while to make that jellylike layer dissolve in the mass.
This is what it all looked like.
One of the pictures was not very sharp, my apologies for that.




0 reacties:

Post a Comment