Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Soapmaking efforts

I have had a wonderful weekend with a visiting good friend.
Time is always to short if you have good company.
We talked a lot and among things also about soapmaking and I promised to make a shampoo bar for her.
What the heck was I thinking?
I wanted to do this one hot process so I gathered my stuff and got going.

The Trace stadium looked good to me.



I peeked at 15 minutes and I had my crockpot on hot!
I could already see that it was browning on the sides, but I thought that was part of the process.




Here you can see that is what was kind of burning.
So the crockpot went on low.



After an hour I put my mixture in the moods, but look at how it looks!
It looks like scrambled eggs!







So I have taken a shower with the bar and I have to say......
It worked. My hair is stil wet so I don't know what it looks like when it has dried up, but it feels nice. 
The latter was amazing. We have very soft water and the you get more lather too.
I will keep you updated and I might send her the shampoo bars after all.


Yesterday and today I have knit knight and as you all know I cannot knit because of my tennis elbows. 
I can do Inkle Loom weaving though so yesterday I started with a double weave project and it looked better on the back then on the front.
Have to work on that then!
Here are the pictures. The pattern is from Laverne Waddington.

This is the front

and this is the back. You see the pattern better on the backside.



0 reacties:

Post a Comment